Ravenna and Ferrara from gorgeous mosaics to the architecture perfection.
Program 04 days 03 nights
1rst Day arriving in Ravenna check in hotel, dinner and overnight.
2 nd Day Guided full day tour of Ravenna with its outstanding monuments, beautiful buildings and its peaceful, verdant urban scenario! Since the age of August the city had been an important naval base, but it was under the splendid kingdom of Theodoric (494-526A.D.) that it flourished as the foremost European city of the Eastern Roman Empire, the Byzantine Empire. The tour will start from the Church of Saint Apollinare Nuovo, famous for its cylindrical bell tower, and then it will go on with the visit of the Neoniano Baptistery, also known as Orthodox Baptistery and particularly interesting for the fine marble inlays, mosaics and stuccos, that decorate its arcade. Then you will visit the Arian Baptistery then you will visit the most interesting and stunning monumental structure in town: the Basilica of Saint .Vitale with its marvellous mosaics. The tour will end with the visit of the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia, the daughter of the roman Imperator Theodosius. Built between 425 and 450A.D., it’s a small and simple building, whose mosaics representing the Apostles, the Evangelists and the Good Shepherd’s Parable are the oldest of the town and even more impressive -if possible- than the ones in Saint Vitale. In requirement is possible to go to the Saint Francesco Church, near whom there is s Dante Alighieri tomb.
Transfer to Classe nearby Ravenna (4 km) for the stop lunch in restaurant close to the Basilica of Saint Apollinare in Classe, other gorgeous IV A.C. byzantine church nearby the ancient roman harbour. Coming back in Ravenna just around the town is scheduled the visit of the Mausoleum of Theodoric, an unusual sepulchral monument, whose dome is made by a monolithic block of limestone from Istria. Further transfer to Ferrara, check in hotel and dinner. Overnight.
3 th Day Guided Tour in Ferrara. Aound the city walls and to the Palazzo Diamanti, along the main Renaissance roads of the city. Stop lunch in a central restaurant nearby the Estense Castle, with the guided tour of its interiors and the Cathedral, the Jewish Ghetto and the medieval core of the city.Free lunch in the centre town and in the afternoon sightseeing tour will start from the Charterhouse, built by Borso d’Este in 1461, was transformed into a monumental cemetery at the beginning of the 1800s and conserves important sculptures. Visitors are welcomed by two long arcades almost forming a semicircle. The complex is dominated by the St. Christopher’s Church, started in 1498 and attributed to Biagio Rossetti. The façade is unfinished. The interior of the church has a single nave that is wide and full of light with six chapels on each side and a deep presbyterial area with anapse. At present, the church lacks its original paraphernalia, which is undergoing restoration, except for a 16th century monumental wooden tabernacle. Following, the tour around the city walls and to the Palazzo Diamanti, along the main Renaissance roads of the city. At the end of the tour, dinner at the hotel and overnight.
04 th Day Departure of Guests or on Demad other Sightseeing
- Apulia Gran Tour
- Etruschian Archeo Tour and Medieval Tuscany
- Aosta Valley Gran Tour
- Rome -Villa Adriana and Villa D' Este Grantour
- Turin the Royal Palaces and Collections Gran Tour
- Lazio Gran Tour Villas & Gardens
- Ferrara and Mantua by the eyes of Isabella d’ Este Gonzaga and Lucrezia Borgia Este
- Discovering Ferrara and Modena land of Estense Family
- Disciovering Trieste and the landscape
- Between Emiliia Romagna and Marche
- Calabria land between 2 Seas
- Naples and Amalfi Coast “The Unforgettable Tour”
- Liguria Tours The West Riviera: Gardens, Huge Bourgs and Sea
- Siena and Orcia Valley Gran Tour
- Discovering Naples and the Huge Bourbon Palaces
- Molise Tremiti Islands
- Between Tuscany and Umbria Gran Tour
- Magic Rome
- Parma & Verdi Land Gran Tour
- Rome for Ladies
- To the Roots of Italya ! The Jewish Community and Splendour in Italy
- Capri and Amalfi Coast
- Umbria the Heart of Italy Gran Tour
- In the Roots of Christianity - Special Tour in Rome
- Discovering North Italy: From Milan to Venice and Florence
- Between Rome and Tuscany Gran Tour
- Don Camillo & Peppone Saga
For information on travel and deals in Italy, planning itineraries and tours for travel agents, tour packages for individuals, driven services in the city of art groups, fill out the contact form: